Think and Act F.A.S.T. if you see any single one of these signs of a stroke:
- Face – has their face fallen on one side? Can they smile?
- Arms – can they raise both arms and keep them there?
- Speech – is their speech slurred?
- Time – even if you’re not sure, call 999.
When Stroke Strikes Act F.A.S.T. Call 999
Some other signs that may be due to a stroke or mini stroke include:
- Sudden loss of vision or blurred vision in one or both eyes
- Sudden weakness or numbness on one side of your body (including in your leg) 5
- Sudden memory loss or confusion
- Sudden dizziness, unsteadiness or a sudden fall, especially with any of the other signs
Call 999 immediately if you notice any single one of the signs of stroke.
For more information, visit www.nhs.uk/ActFAST.