Clinics and Services
Practice Nurse Clinics and Services
There are four Practice Nurses available by appointment daily for the following:
- Diabetes monitoring
- Asthma monitoring
- Coronary Heart Disease monitoring
- Family Planning advice
- Cervical Smear Tests
- Weight management
- Health Checks
- Travel advice
- Smoking Cessation advice
- Minor Illness Clinic
- Minor Surgery
Langham Place Surgery – three-yearly breast screening
The Northampton Breast Screening Service will shortly be inviting eligible women from this practice for breast screening – This is due to start in January 2019.
- Eligible women are those women aged 50 to 70.
- There will also be an extension trial where women in the groups 47 to 49 and 70 to 73 will be selected randomly.
- Special arrangements can be made for those women who have special needs.
(In formation will be enclosed with your letter from the Breast Screening Service).
- Dr Sefton and Partners would encourage all eligible women to attend when called.
(Please note that this is for routine screening – any women who have any symptoms with their breasts should make an appointment in surgery to see a doctor).
- Any woman over 70 years of age will not be routinely called but may request screening by contacting the Breast Screening Service on 01604 545830.
For more information:
Maternity Medical Services
Maternity medical services are provided by each partner in conjunction with a Community Midwife.
Arrangements are made for delivery in the GP Unit at Northampton General Hospital.
Please enquire about antenatal appointments.
The District Nurses offer an information and support service for carers which can be accessed by telephoning 0300 777002.
Carers UK – Information about Carers Groups in Northamptonshire
Who Looks After You – Information for Carers